Been thinking about babies feet and hands some more and how we encourage situations for hands to grasp, flex and reach. We also don't worry about them being uncovered. However with feet they get covered, restricted and their exploration inhibited. As if in synch with my thoughts Tiny's socks fell off in the car seat. Before she fell asleep she stared out of the window listening to The Rolling Stones holding her foot in her hand. Half an hour later, still asleep, she was still holding her foot in her hand. I'd not seen her do this before but then she would always have socks on or a babygro covering her feet. I think she found comfort in her own skin-to-skin contact and I imagine this would have been the case in the womb.
Thursday, 15 March 2018
Feet And Hands
Been thinking about babies feet and hands some more and how we encourage situations for hands to grasp, flex and reach. We also don't worry about them being uncovered. However with feet they get covered, restricted and their exploration inhibited. As if in synch with my thoughts Tiny's socks fell off in the car seat. Before she fell asleep she stared out of the window listening to The Rolling Stones holding her foot in her hand. Half an hour later, still asleep, she was still holding her foot in her hand. I'd not seen her do this before but then she would always have socks on or a babygro covering her feet. I think she found comfort in her own skin-to-skin contact and I imagine this would have been the case in the womb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Threading
At 20 months old Tiny is ready to thread these wooden farm pieces onto the thread. She stayed focused and appeared to enjoy threading most o...
-
Tiny enjoyed making marks this morning with highlighters. It happened very naturally as she climbed up onto my knee while I was at my desk. ...
-
One of Tiny's favourite bathtime activities is to splat a handful of bubbles onto the glass then rub it into a bubble painting. She ofte...
-
We came across this giant spider web unexpectedly in the woods. It was part of a Halloween Trail and lots of little ones were loving bouncin...
No comments:
Post a Comment